Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 52- Learning to swim

Today, a big yellow butterfly landed right by my foot, at a perfect deep thoughtful moment. I always think about them in the context of transformation, from caterpillar to butterfly. But even when they get their wings, they still need to be persistent learners and growers. Butterflies don't actually even fly. They swim. The wind is too heavy for their fragile light wings so they learn to swim through it by making figure 8s with their wings. The wind is heavy and they swim through it, though. They just keep swimming with ease and grace. I'm trying to figure out if they swim as a part of the wind, or wherever they choose to navigate too even if the wind is blowing in the other direction. Maybe sometimes when they swim they just let go and surrender to the wind. Or maybe they do both at the same time, surrender while also still navigating in the direction they want to go. I don't know. I just know that I'm learning to swim and I will figure out that answer soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment