Saturday, July 4, 2015

Day 34- Total Faith

All of the scattered puzzle pieces of my life are starting to come together. The path is becoming more clear. And I am starting to trust more in the way I'm being guided along the way. I feel so much closer to God. I feel so supported by this light and it's helping me stay strong. It's helping me stay true to myself. I don't really know how else to explain it other than I am endlessly grateful and happy. 

I truly feel that this diet change was the tide that I've been fighting. The idea of being a raw vegan keeps dawning on me, I keep meeting new people that are raw vegans, and I cry when I see how they have healed their lives with a diet consisting of mainly raw fruits and vegetables (and the rest nuts and seeds).

I know that it sounds bizarre. To only eat fruits and vegetables. That's why I've been fighting it and trying to build my own diet that makes logical sense. But what I realize now is that my diet has never made logical sense. How can I not rely on raw fruits and veggies, the foods with the most life, vibrancy, minerals, and vitamins, to be the answer to my health concerns? 

The diet I am going to follow is called 80-10-10 which was built by a doctor named Douglas Graham. The idea is that you eat a low fat, high carb diet consisting of 80 percent carbs (fruits and veggies) 10 percent fat and 10 percent protein. I've tried this before and failed because I wasn't eating enough calories. I have to be eating at least 2000 calories a day, which means the main source of my meals will consist of fruit. 

I am not doing this diet to lose weight. Actually, people have gained weight from this diet, which I am hoping to. I really just want to feel healthy, as well as these 5 additional reasons: 

1- to heal my stomach conditions that have existed almost my whole life 
2- to improve my energy levels 
3- to improve my concentration and clarity
4- to take care of the planet and myself at the same time 
5- to live my life as raw and authentic as possible. 

Number 5 is a big one. This blog is all about me living an authentic life, being courageous enough to be ME. The real me. The light inside of me that wishes to express and expand. This light needs an authentic home to live in, a home free of foods that have been processed or induced with chemicals. 

None of my foods will be cooked. Everything will be alive and completely raw. The idea of eating so much fruit scares a lot of people due to the amount of sugar I'll be eating but there are many people living this way of life whose health levels are beyond average in all ways. It is scientifically proven and safe for me to experiment to see how it goes, so I'm going to go for it. I know I'll be discouraged by my own doubts and the influences of the world around me, but there is something holding me here. Something that I've felt before but it's much stronger now than before. Faith. That's it.

Affirmation: I have total faith that I am being guided and protected on this healing journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment