Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 28- My Vegan Diet

Since August 2013 i have been playing around with my diet. It was around that time that I started experiencing new stomach issues. I realize now, that a lot of the causes were emotional. I do believe, however, that what I put into my body is very important. I find myself wanting to live as close to nature as possible, by including fruits, veggies, and nuts/seeds as the main part of my diet. 

I started off by becoming a vegetarian, but I still wasn't eating healthy at all. I binged on french fries, potatoes, pizza, generally lots of cheese and potatoes. At this time I had no passion or interest for increasing my fruits and veggies. I figured if I got enough protein, I'd be alright. That's what people get nervous about when switching to a vegetarian diet. Getting enough protein. What I realize now, is that the most important thing is getting enough LIFE inside of my body. 

It was hard to become a vegetarian. A year and a half later I transitioned to becoming a vegan. That wasn't as challenging because I did it slowly. Lately every time I go to eat, I only want it if I know where it comes from. What every ingredient is. And it's a battle with my mind because everything I'm eating isn't completely in align with my cravings. 

When I tell people about my diet, usually the response is that it's a little too much, it's taking it a little too far. And sometimes I want to listen because it's hard. There are loud cravings yelling at me to eat everything I would regret after. I learned that lesson too many times. I also know that every time I've honored my spirit, every time I've chosen a more difficult path, I've found more light, more happiness, and more love in my life. 

This body that I'm in is my home. I have to take care of it so the spirit in me can breathe through. So that it can feel alive, energized, and healthy. And it's not going to be easy but I'm going to keep going. I've tried this many times before and failed. But I didn't really fail because I learned. 

That's all failing really is. An education. And I think I can safely say that I am educated. I fail all of the time. And that's how I find the arrows pointing me to higher paths. And I'll go low again. I will. But it'll all be okay because I'm finding my way up. It's all a part of my journey. I don't want it to be easy. I really don't. I can't heal and grow that way. I know I have to allow things to be hard right now. To stretch in the places that hurt. To keep going. And to just trust that I'm healing. That dawn will happen. And it will. It's a life promise. Dawn always happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment